Monday 8 October 2012

Monsters Rejected by AD&D, Smoking and Bitching in the Back Room

I thought I'd pay homage to a whole month of Monster Mondays in my own way... These guys are known to me via the amazing public domain resource FreeDnDArt.

"So the guy convinces me, beagle kneepads, beagle elbowpads, why not go the whole nine and get lamb nipples? You gotta remember, this was 1982 and everyone was sure there was gonna be a Fiend Folio II. Okay, okay, but you'd think there'd be at least a loose leaf page for me in the 90's. Still in the game though, waiting to hear back on my Death Carnival Doom audition."

"You gotta wonder who the Tirapheg had to ... whatever it is they do. But can you believe, this agent I had back then? She actually said I should try out as a Chimerapheg. Hel-lo?"

"I met this guy in Portland at Burning Man, he's Facebook friends with the dude who made that one Mastodon video."

 "I was Beak Dog before all the hipsters got into it."

"OGRE + WALRUS = OGRALRUS? OR WALOGRE? THIS ONE BIG PROBLEM FOR OGRE WALRUS"

"I think we all had high hopes for Planescape."

4 comments:

  1. I looked through those albums last night, and when I saw your first entry, I immediately hoped you would do something with the rabbit . . . pancake . . . legged thing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I call him the Communion Wafer Beast of Yog-Sothoth.

      Delete
  2. That deer has a mighty fancy hat. Derby days, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ogre Walrus looks distinctly like the aquatic kin of the Montauk Monster.

    ReplyDelete